To our valued customers & partners,
As we consider getting back to work with greater concern for a clean workplace, and all of our mutual health and well-being, we want to assure you that Marathon Services’ primary concern is for the good health of you and your families, as well as our staff members and their families.
Office printers and copiers are communal devices and are touched or used on a given day by almost everyone. Events with the COVID-19 Coronavirus bring disinfecting office equipment to the forefront of our concerns.
Marathon Services technicians are fully trained in making disinfection part of their routine. They will be coming into your office wearing a mask and gloves. In addition, to assure your copier/printer is properly disinfected, Marathon Services is providing a kit with your copier rental service!
The following guidance is applicable to surfaces of Copiers and Printers (e.g. panels, buttons, user interfaces, display screens, touch screens, doors/access handles).
- Wear disposable gloves made of latex or nitrile gloves when cleaning and disinfecting surfaces.
- Turn off the device, disconnect AC power, and unplug device from the outlet before cleaning. Do not clean a product while it is powered on and plugged in as it may cause electrification.
- Moisten a clean, soft, lint free, cotton cloth with Marathon’s cleaning solution (Isopropyl Alcohol). Do not use paper towels. The cloth should be moist with no free liquid to ensure dripping does not occur.
- Do not use wet wipes or other consumer products.
- Wipe the solution on the area and leave visibly wet for 10 seconds in order to kill pathogenic microorganisms before the disinfectant is wiped off. The surface needs to be left undisturbed, then wiped dry with a lint free cloth.
- Do not spray any liquids directly onto the copier/printer. Disinfectant entering the product may result in extensive damage or failure due to corrosion.
- When cleaning a display screen or control panel, carefully wipe in one direction, moving from the top of the display to the bottom. Do not rub the control panel strongly as it can be easily scratched or cracked.
- Ensure surfaces have completely air-dried before turning the device on after cleaning. No moisture should be visible on the surface of the product before it is powered back on.
- Discard gloves after each cleaning. Clean hands immediately after gloves are removed.
Instructions for Safe Handling
It is important to handle Marathon’s cleaning solution (isopropyl alcohol) in a safe manner.
- Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothing.
- Keep away from heat and sources of ignition.
- Use with adequate ventilation.
- Store in a cool, well-ventilated place. Keep container tightly closed.
In the event of contact with isopropyl alcohol, wash skin thoroughly with soap and water.
9043 Lurline Ave.
Chatsworth, CA 91311